Pages

Wednesday 18 December 2013

LUSH Grease Lightning Review

Hi guys!
I'm sure you've all heard of Lush so today I want do a review on one of their products called "Grease Lightning".





Grease Lightning is a spot treatment that claims to "attack spots without taking it out on the rest of your skin". It's active ingredient is aloe vera gel which is known for it's healing properties. As with most Lush products, it comes in a standard black bottle however this bottle has a pump which is very convenient and hygienic. For £5.95 you receive 45g of product which I think is great as the bottle will last ages as half a pump is enough for me. 

The product itself is a clear gel that smells quite strongly of tea tree oil, if that appeals to you then I'm sure you'll love it. I'm not too fond of the smell myself but most spot treatments don't smell too great so I wasn't expecting this to either.




Now for the question that you're all asking, does this product actually work? I can honestly answer and say yes, it does! I'm not saying that it's a miracle worker but if I have a spot, I'll put this on before I go to bed and when I wake up in the morning the redness will be gone and the spot will be much smaller and noticeable. The only downside I can think of is that it's a little bit drying but that's most likely due to my dry skin and it can be easily fixed with some moisturiser. 

In summary: 

Pros-

It works!
It's cheap
One small bottle will last forever
Packaging is hygienic and convenient 

Cons-

The smell
The pump is quite stiff so it sometimes dispenses too much product so some is wasted
It can be a bit drying

Overall, I love this product and I will definitely repurchase it when I eventually run out!

Melissa x

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com