Pages

Sunday 8 December 2013

Lipstick Favourites

Hey guys! 
I thought I would show you all my favourite lipsticks today. I have 5 although one is technically a lip balm.







I'l start off with the nudes and the first lipstick is the Barry M Lip Paint in shade 150 (they unfortunately don't have names). These retail for £4.49 in Boots which I think I reasonable for a drug store brand. It's more of a pinky-beige toned nude which I find ideal for everyday use. However it is a bit drying so I'll usually put some gloss on over the top and that fixes the problem. 




The next is a lipstick from ELF from their mineral line in the shade "rosy raisin". These lipsticks claim to have "superior colour payoff, glides easily onto lips, and is long wearing" which I think is true, however they don't last very long but that might be because mine is a light colour and perhaps a darker colour would last longer on the lips. It's similar to the previous lipstick shade but a bit lighter and more muted. It's definitely my favourite out of the two as the Barry M lipstick is a bit drying yet this one is so moisturizing. These retail at £5.00 and can be bought online at eyeslipsface.co.uk. They are often in the sale though so keep an eye out!




The next colour is a berry shade which I think is very appropriate for the season. It's from Boots' own line: Natural Collection. It's in the shade "berry sorbet" from their moisture shine collection. These are very purse friendly at only £1.99 each but Boots regularly have an offer on where you can get 3 Natural Collection products for £5.00  This lipstick is a beautiful berry shade as the name suggests with a slight frosty finish. Much like the Barry M lipstick, it can be quite drying but it's nothing that some lip balm can't sort.  




Moving on to a darker shade, "black cherry" from Revlon's Super Lustrous range is gorgeous! These cost £7.49 each and can be purchased from Boots. It's a recent addition to my collection but it's already a favourite. This is a dark purple colour which fits in with the season. Although it's so dark, I find it very wearable and I get a lot of use out if it. My only complaint is that it can be a bit hard to apply as it is so dark so I would suggest using a lip liner first to avoid any mistakes.




Last but not least is the much talked about Maybelline Babylips. I have a few but my favourite is in the shade "cherry me". It's great if you need some moisture but also want a slight pop of colour. This is handy for when I don't want the fuss of a lipstick but I still want to have some colour on my lips. These are maybe not as moisturizing as a regular lip balm but at £2.99 you can't really complain! 

Hope you enjoyed hearing about my favourite lipsticks, if you have any suggestions for ones I should try I'd love to hear from you down below. Comments and constructive criticism are welcome.

Melissa x

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com